Trinity Leeds wins 2015 VIVA Best-of-the-Best AwardDigital Editor
18 May 2015
Trinity Leeds wins 2015 VIVA Best-of-the-Best Award
Trinity Leeds (Innesco’s client) has been awarded the 2015 Best-of-the-Best VIVA Design Award, presented this week at ICSC’s annual RECon Conference in Las Vegas, attended by over 34,000 retail property professionals. The Land Securities shopping centre, which opened in Leeds city centre in March 2013, was recognised for its outstanding architecture, as it continues to set the benchmark for market-leading, modern centres, both in the UK and abroad. “VIVA” stands for Vision, Innovation, Value, Achievement.
Trinity Leeds’ world-class retail and leisure offer, set in a stunning shopping environment, has acted as a major catalyst for the resurgence of the city’s retail market over the last two years, bringing 65 news brands to Leeds (including 22 international retailers), and contributing towards the city’s growing status as one of the top three retail venues in the UK.
Dan Innes, Managing Director for Innesco, commented: “The VIVA Best-of-the-Best Award validates Trinity Leeds’ reputation as the industry-leading shopping centre. The Innesco team is thrilled to have supported Trinity Leeds this past year, spotlighting the best in class aspects of the centre. The centre continues to provide a truly standout shopping and leisure experience, and we look forward to many more landmark occasions.”
The VIVA Awards, a branch of ICSC awards, are presented to globally notable shopping centres revered for Design and Development, Sustainability, Marketing, and Community Service. The awards’ elite shortlist is solely comprised of ICSC’s Global Awards’ gold winners from the previous year. Trinity Leeds was automatically submitted for the 2015 VIVA Awards after winning the ICSC’s Best New Development 2014 in the Large Retail Projects category.
VENUESCORE, Javelin Group, 2014
- Trinity Leeds [www.trinityleeds.com] is a £400m retail destination located in Leeds’ prime shopping district bounded by Briggate, which sits within the top ten busiest streets in the UK, Commercial Street and Albion Street
- Trinity Leeds is situated in the heart of the city and is a state of the art shopping and leisure destination and includes 110 new shops, stores and restaurants, bringing big international brands and the best of fashion, food, arts and culture to Leeds. 65 of the brands are new to Leeds
- The development was the only major retail destination to open in the UK in 2013, and is now approaching its second birthday in March 2015..
- Trinity Leeds includes leading international brands such as Apple, Mango, Hollister, Victoria’s Secret, Superdry, Topshop/Topman, H&M, Marks & Spencer, Everyman, D&D London, KIKO Milano and DKNY Mens.
- Trinity Leeds achieved a BREEAM “Excellent” rating and 28% improvement above Part L (CO2 emissions) of the UK Building Regulations
- As the largest city after London and Birmingham, Leeds’ resident catchment is over 5.6m
Land Securities is the UK’s largest commercial property company and a member of the FTSE 100. The company owns and manages more than 25 million sq ft of property, from shopping centres to offices, valued in excess of £13 billion.
The retail portfolio totals £6.1 billion, comprising shopping centres, retail parks and leisure schemes across the UK, attracting more than 300 million customer visits every year (As at May 2015).